Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 17, 2008 at 12:28 PM, Andy Allan <gravityst...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I'll just point out that I got the trunk version working fine on
>> Ubuntu without modifications, so people shouldn't be afraid to try it
>> out. There were two dependencies (dang, I should have written them
>> down) and a simple "make" worked fine.

Yep. The branch introduces no new code yet; all it really contains is
some nice packaging stuff for a Debian/Ubuntu style DE, correct build-
dependencies for that environment etc. A standard

  $ fakeroot debian/rules binary

will do the right thing on the branch, and entirely the wrong thing in
trunk.

Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason wrote:
> This should build and run it on Ubuntu:
> [...]

The osso and hildon stuff is Maemo-specific, and you don't need it for
an Ubuntu build. You miss out on some nice dbus stuff to turn gpsd on
and off and choice of project location using maemo-mapper, but that's all.

--
Andrew Chadwick