The maritime borders clearly are administrative and probably are admin_level 2. However, on the wiki Iceland has defined the EEZ to be admin_level 1. I think it should be possible to distinguish country borders from maritime borders, so IMO these borders should have an additional border_type tag (or something similar) and we should clearly define the admin_level of these borders.

Steven

PS The incorrect tagged country border of the Netherlands mentioned by Gustav is the province border (1 km of the coast). Unfortunately the official publication of the Dutch maritime borders is licensed.