Mike Harris schrieb:
> As a relative newbie I still remember my first experiences with both
> Potlatch and JOSM. I have no idea whether my own experience is typical but I
> did find the learning curve steeper on Potlatch than on JOSM even though the
> wikis imply the opposite. I think that Richard may have put his finger on it
> - the newbie instructions for Potlatch are a little 'dense' - at least until
> you are not quite a newbie!
>
> I would like to help with rewriting these but don't feel that I am competent
> enough yet - probably still doing some things wrong (and don't know how to
> start!).

This is a wiki, therefore people will work together and if you make
mistakes they will correct you. The big advantage of you is that you see
thinks like a newbie or beginner. I´m now to familiar with all the
tricks so I don´t know really what is difficult for beginners.
If you have time, just start writing.
> Also - for what it's worth - I find that I use both Potlatch and JOSM but
> for different tasks. I use JOSM as my main editor and for doing bulk work on
> new routes. I find Potlatch is better for doing minor tweaks and also for
> Yahoo tracing (even with the JOSM plugins, the rectification seems better on
> Potlatch - or am I just imagining this?!).

Me too. And i love this great history and undo function of potlach.

Jonas