Jukka Rahkonen wrote:
> Andrew Chadwick (mailing lists <andrewc-email-lists <at> piffle.org> writes:
>>
>>    http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/right_left
>>
>> The proposal suggests an interpretation of suffixes like
>>
>>    <property>:left=<value>
>>    <property>:right=<value>

> I see one big trouble.  If not so clever editor (program or human being) is
> changing the direction of the road withour swapping left/right keys, nobody
> can
> correct the situation without local knowlegde of the area mapped.  Left or
> right
> are not enough by themselves but there must be some additional information.
> "Left is in the west" tag would give more exact information as well as "Left,
> as
> user xx saw it on January, 29th 2009".

Also true of oneway, of course, yet people seem to cope with that :)

Corner case I just though of: oneway:left and oneway:right. Arguably a
bit contrived and pointless, but presumably you'd have to flip twice...

I'd say that the software aspect covered under
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/right_left#Consequences_for_software
, but if you think we're missing anything, do comment on the wiki page.

--
Andrew Chadwick