> And I never heard of it until now. And wasn't in OSM when it

> was posted.

> As were probably more than 50% of the current members. But I

> guess it's

> their own fault if 50000 people fail to scan blogs at a

> different site

> for half-year old entries. Not worth a notification or a

> prominent hint

> in the wiki.

There was discussion about the licence change process being stalled
on this list last September, a couple of weeks after I joined this
list (and about a month after I started mapping):

http://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/talk/2008-September/029700.
html

(and replies). I think I looked into the new licence via the wiki at
that time. The FAQs

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/FAQ#What_does_your_licence_allow_
me_to_do.3F

still link to the geodata post mentioned.

Ed