On 4 Mar 2009, at 16:08, Frederik Ramm wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Iván Sánchez Ortega wrote:
>> Basically, you get enough people (and pay for their memberships) in
>> order to
>> buy their votes, in order to eject the current chairman, yadda
>> yadda yadda.
>
> If you're unhappy with the current chairman you don't even have to
> eject
> him. Quote from the Articles of Association governing the running of
> OSMF:
>
> "A member of the Board may [...] at any time, summon a meeting of the
> Board by notice served upon the several members of the Board. A member
> of the Board who is absent from the United Kingdom shall not be
> entitled
> to notice of a meeting."
>
> And:
>
> "The Board may meet together for the dispatch of business, adjourn and
> otherwise regulate their meetings as they think fit, and determine the
> quorum necessary for the transaction of business. Unless otherwise
> determined, two shall be a quorum."
>
> So if the timing is right, you'll probably just have to buy one or two
> board members to get what you want ;-)

And you wonder why I don't respond to you Frederik?

Just imagine if you spent your time working toward a common good, all
you could achieve. You're super smart and driven but right now you're
driving off a cliff. We need your help, not your observations on the
1,001 ways to destabilise the project.

> (This is meant as a funny way to say that, when other important
> business
> has been resolved, we should perhaps one day clean up the AoA; it is
> not
> meant to suggest that there was something wrong with those serving on
> the OSMF board.)

Well I don't really get the joke, but I see your point.

And lets be very clear for the audience Frederik that recently you
asked for a list of OSMF members and in response I offered and
encouraged you to join the board phone call itself to experience what
happens and to lay any concerns you have out with people. You refused.
So lets be clear again that communications are a two way street and
you have a set of ways of communicating and ways you dont want to
communicate just like everyone else in the world.

Best

Steve