2009/7/10 Peter Dörrie <peter.doer...@googlemail.com>

> Well, as the OSM community grows exponentially at the moment we will run
> out of expereinced mappers pretty soon ...

There might be exponential growth in accounts opened by lurkers, bots, and
spammers but I don't think the growth in people actually editing the map is
quite so huge that it is unmanagable.

> By the way: what is an "experienced mapper"? Can one self-appoint to this
> position? ;-)

Why not.......I dont think you would get too many people wanting to be
mentors that weren't experienced mappers.  Anyway, you could always let
people choose another mentor if things didn't work out.

Kevin