Sorry to break the threading,

Maybe it's an idea to allow users to specify an area where traces are outdated?

So when a junction is reconstructed a local user can place a bounding
box over that junction and all GPS points in that box are marked as
outdated (or deleted, or whatever). Maybe some extra safety needs to
be made by only allowing users active in the specific area to do this,
or only users who upload traces.

I can think of a few places in my immediate area where the older
('wrong') traces have the upper hand.

Rene.