--- On Tue, 28/7/09, René Affourtit <raffour...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Maybe it's an idea to allow users to specify an area where
> traces are outdated?
>
> So when a junction is reconstructed a local user can place
> a bounding
> box over that junction and all GPS points in that box are
> marked as
> outdated (or deleted, or whatever). Maybe some extra safety
> needs to
> be made by only allowing users active in the specific area
> to do this,
> or only users who upload traces.
>
> I can think of a few places in my immediate area where the
> older
> ('wrong') traces have the upper hand.

I don't know what the right solution is, I've seen people mark ways in OSM to
show what is old ways along side new ways and I can only assume they did this
to prevent old traces from being used to draw ways.

However getting into who should and shouldn't remove GPS traces is going to be
a very interesting topic in and off itself which I don't have a solution to
either.