--- On Tue, 28/7/09, Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason <ava...@gmail.com> wrote:

> * The data is versioned, and anyone can edit it

> I have a lot of GPX tracks that could be improved, e.g. by
> deleting

I'd say deleting sections, but not editing... Only very erroneous information
should be "touched up" by deleting information.

> point clouds. I'd like to edit them using normal OSM tools,
> have those
> edits versioned (so they can be rolled back), and have
> other users do
> those fixes for me. Just like with the OSM data I upload.

Who can roll back changes, this is ongoing with the OSM data itself, at least
in this case it won't effect changes with anything else.

> Free-form tags could obviously be used for other purposes,
> e.g.
> marking the trace as surveyed with a given GPS model.

This would be a good idea regardless, as would exposing other meta data already
being stored.

> How does this sound? I'm pretty happy with the 0.6 API

Sounds like a good start but some of the finer points probably need to be
fleshed out a little more.