Hi,
I started the process of getting tags for transmitters 'approved', these
may be of use for you.

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:man_made%3Dtower
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Communications_Transponder

What you really need is some way to link a transmitter as a 'information'
feature on a node/way, in the same way that the 'url' tag does....

Simon