At 10:20 PM 7/08/2009, OJ W wrote:
>sidewalks in villages - what to do?
>
>http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=52.172898&lon=-0.524788&zoom=18
>
>are they footpaths or are they road attributes?
>
>http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Talk:Proposed_features/Footway

A corollary but very important issue is accessibility. Tactile paving, ramps,
paths with a couple steps in them, crossing points  wheelchair
friendly/unfriendly curbs and so on.   I have no answers to offer but this is
definitely something to take into consideration. Even if we are able to capture
the broad facets of sidewalks as attributes of the vehicular way in a way that
works worldwide, do we ultimately have to map sidewalks separately or can that
be captured too? Something to think about.

Mike