Vekemans (12/08/2009)

Regarding excerpt:

> Yes, that is exactly what i am referring too.
> We ALSO need to have a special wiki page (that lists each of these things,
> and how they are rendered, and used.   This will alleviate the problem.
> Since these 3 or 6 other values are common, it should be easy to make
pages
> for each of them and put 'status=in use'.
>
> Having these values (this goes with many other 'values') listed as just a
> short description on a chart is not good enough.  Each value needs to be
> properly defined, with rendering examples and pictures.   Otherwise, we
can
> continue talking about air, until the mars rovers stop working.

New content:
A starting point would be to properly populate the table at
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:surface rather than starting a new
set of Wiki pages right off.  Thereafter, this page could be whittled down
to a navigational aid to detailed treatments of particular values as needed.
--ceyocke