John Smith wrote:
> 2009/9/28 Ruben Wisniewski <ru...@all-in-si.de>:
>> Hi John,
>>
>> thank you for your report, but whats wrong with moving the tags to a
>> relation, this is the common way as far as I know, only all ways
>> together represent the border, so the relation should hold the tags.
>> Else if there is a change, not every way has to be edited.
>
> Because these boundaries were never fully imported so when I add
> sections of missing boundary I need to re-add the missing tags that
> were removed and add them to the individual ways again.

If I am reading this thread correctly, I think John's problem is that
the RELATION is not totally attributed to ABS, and so only those element
that were imported should be attributed while other unattributed data
will be added at the relation level? ADDITIONAL ways added to the
relation that are not from the original import should not be attributed
to ABS and so a bot that blindly strips information without
understanding the nature of that data SHOULD NOT BE RUNNING ?
I can imaging a number of situations where the initial information would
have a common set of tags that COULD be interpreted as applying to the
relation level, but then latter additions require all of that 'tidying'
to be undone manually to put the correct data back :(
And this seems to be the case here?

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL