Nick Whitelegg wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> With all the talk of countryside surveying issues recently (placement of
> hedges etc) I'm wondering if it would be a good idea to develop some sort
> of mobile countryside surveying tool where people could note down, in the
> field, the placement of hedges relative to paths and the like.

This sounds interesting, but could you describe a bit more what you had
in mind? I would particularly be interested to know how it would differ
to the already existing mobile tools and if it is not possible to add
this functionality to them, given that you can do a fair amount with
them already. If your ideas aren't too radically different, I might be
able to (help) add some of these to GpsMid.

> If you think this would be useful please let me know and I can work on it,
> I will only bother if there is sufficient interest as I am quite busy with
> the 3D navigation project at the moment.

> Target platform would be any device supporting JavaME.
>
> Nick

Kai