Anthony schrieb:
> Disused canal, fine.  Disused railway, sure.  Disused building, no
> problem.  Disused quarry, yes.
>
> But disused cafe?  A cafe is a building, or part of a building, which
> is *used* as a cafe.  The use is part of the definition.

Well, yes and no.

People might remember that there once was a cafe. They might call the
building "the cafe" even if its no longer a cafe "in use".

So this is what the mapper *may* wanted to express. While I don't think
the combination is well done, it but could well have its reasons.

However,

This obviously doesn't work pretty well in the 4th dimension, if you
want to tag: this once was a cafe, before that a pub, before a bakery
and before that a police_station.

Another even simpler problem, if a node is tagged:

shop=bakery
amenity=police_station
disused=yes

disused refers to shop or amenity now?