--Original Message Text---
From: Anthony
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2009 09:55:26 -0500

On Thu, Dec 10, 2009 at 5:05 AM, Tobias Knerr <o...@tobias-knerr.de> wrote:
Brendan Morley wrote:
> All for addressing, as far as I can tell, a theoretical problem, with no
> real-world "exploits".

I understand that actual exploits would make the problem more obvious,
but I find the underlying logic questionable nevertheless.

No one has broken into my house for 5 years now. Does this mean my door
locks are secure? No, it might easily just mean that
* most people are honest enough not break into my house
* the stuff I have in here is not valuable enough
* I was simply lucky
Of course, it doesn't necessarily mean that the locks are insecure
either, it's just that you need experts checking the locks to decide
this.

Unless you're living inside a bank vault, I highly doubt your locks are secure
or that you'd be willing to pay to secure them.  Especially not when they're
sitting next to a big window that can probably be easily broken with a nice
brick.

Good analogy, actually.  ODbL is the fancy million dollar lock (which is brand
new and has been tested much less than your previous $50 one).  Copyright
law is the big huge window sitting next to the locked door.