On Wed, Dec 16, 2009 at 12:25 AM, John Smith <deltafoxtrot...@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2009/12/15 Steve Bennett <stevag...@gmail.com>:
>> Um, the layer tag helps specifically *only* in cases with bridges over
>> bridges...which are exceedingly rare. So I would dispute your premise
>> that "the layer tag always helps on a bridge".
>
> And tunnels over tunnels, possibly multi-story underground car parks
> too when we get round to tagging such things.

My argument stands. There is no need to tag layers *except* in those
situations. And in those situations, layers are absolutely required.
(Well, except that underground car parks are/will be tagged as
underground...and again, a convention should be in place to avoid the
necessity for layers.)

But, as I just said, knock yourself out. Add all the layer tags you
like. It does no harm.

Steve