From: Steve Bennett <stevag...@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2009 00:15:48
To: Jukka Rahkonen<jukka.rahko...@mmmtike.fi>
Cc: <talk@openstreetmap.org>
Subject: Re: [OSM-talk] Ditches

On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 11:36 PM, Jukka Rahkonen
<jukka.rahko...@mmmtike.fi> wrote:
> Of course I do not place nodes at the road-ditch intersections. But we have
> this
> kind of intersections where a ditch is goind under a road through a concrete
> or
> plastic pipe approximately every fine hundred meters on every single road we
> have. Do you suggest that splitting the ways, making 2 meter long sections as
> "brigde=yes, layer=1" really makes sense? How ofter guessing that highway is
> above waterway would fail?

Honestly, it sounds like some kind of tag for the node would be
appropriate. I would support creating a junction and tagging it
"culvert=1", for small cases where "bridge=1" is overkill. (Like the
image provided).

That would remove ambiguity, and clarify exactly what's happening.

Steve