Ok, Now I got you, basically anybody that might be able to claim to be
copyright holder of any data we put into the database might be able to
open a lawsuit against us to exhaust us out of business, not necessary
to win the case. With the list of potential sources of information
that can be claimd copied, and even without hard evidence, than we
must be extra carefull in screaning the sources we use. We know for a
fact that Google, Yahoo, TeleAtlas, Ordinance Survey, any other
mapping authority, and large commercial maps, have enough resources
each to keep a case like this going for years.

We must find a procedure to avoid such lawsuits. i.e. "show us where
some community members have copied you and we remove the information
from your sources" kind of response to any claims of copyright
infrigements. Isn't there a "legal" team in OSMF? This should be on
their table. - I think we have to have a planned response to claimed
copyright infridgements, even if we have a strict policy about no
using copyrighted sources.