On Wed, Jan 6, 2010 at 11:15 PM, John Smith <deltafoxtrot...@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2010/1/6 Aun Johnsen <li...@gimnechiske.org>:
>> We must find a procedure to avoid such lawsuits. i.e. "show us where
>> some community members have copied you and we remove the information
>> from your sources" kind of response to any claims of copyright
>
> Didn't lots of people ask SCO to show proof of their claims and the
> people that did get to see their "proof" had to sign off on NDAs?

As far as I know, US is the only where they tried to prosecute
somebody who did a "digital crime" in another country, I am than
thinking of Dmitri Sklyarov who had through his work reverse
engineered adobe e-book format in order to make an e-book reader for
blind people. The "crime" was comitted in Russia, where reverse
engineering is (was?) a legimit way of industry. Can't remember how
long he was held in a California prison, but it was quite some time
before he could return to russia. He went to the states to talk on a
conference on software security. But this is getting pretty OOT