On 18/01/2010, at 20:00, Anthony wrote:

On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 4:24 PM, Roy Wallace <waldo000...@gmail.com> wrote:
On Tue, Jan 19, 2010 at 6:24 AM, Liz <ed...@billiau.net> wrote:

>>  I think Google and others will quickly rape the PD server
>>
> This assumes that they can find a means to import and check the data.

This is Google - it's what they do best.

Yeah, Google would probably quickly start importing data from the PD OSM into its products. That alone would be enough to cause me to contribute. I'd love to be able to correct errors that I come across in Google Maps Navigation (the Android app). To compare such a thing to rape is really quite appalling. Not to mention hypocritical, when you consider CloudMade and its obnoxious TOS.
Yahoo have imported OSM data for some while, though I think they take it as a sort of "payment" for our usage of their hi-res aerial service.