-------- Message original --------
Sujet :         Re: [CrisisMappers] Re: New Imagery in Google Earth file
Date :  Wed, 20 Jan 2010 07:52:18 -0500
De :    Lars Bromley <lbrom...@aaas.org>
Pour : <jguil...@gmail.com>,<csad...@google.com>, <crisismapp...@googlegroups.com>
Copie à :       <talk@openstreetmap.org>

This is the same stuff being made available over the last few days in various
other formats that haven't had restrictions. I can speak particularly about the
Jan 13 GeoEye-1 image and all DG imagery which has been communicated to me as
being for 'unrestricted use' and for wide dissemination. I can help smooth over
any problems with the two companies if needed.

Lars

Jean-Guilhem Cailton <jguil...@gmail.com> 01/20/10 7:29 AM >>>
Hi,

Please forgive my naive question : is OSM allowed to use this imagery for tracing ?

Thank you very much

Jean-Guilhem Cailton

Christiaan Adams a écrit :
High Resolution (15cm) imagery is now available for Port-au-Prince
(acquired 17 Jan).

We have burned it into the basemap in Google Maps.
For more info, check out this blog post (and be sure to look at the
Google Maps link it contains):
http://google-latlong.blogspot.com/2010/01/new-imagery-of-port-au-prince.html

We have created a KML version, which is now available through our
master KML file:
http://mw1.google.com/mw-earth-vectordb/haiti/Haiti-Earthquake-nl.kml

We are also making most of this imagery available for download, for
non-commercial use related to emergency relief.  See this page for
details:
http://www.google.com/relief/haitiearthquake/imagery.html
The footprints of the images available for download are also available
as one of the selections in the KML file linked above.

We hope to get this imagery into the Google Earth basemap in the
morning, along with other recent Haiti imagery in Google Earth's
historical imagery tool.

Let me know if you have any questions or problems accessing these
resources.  Any feedback on how they are being used would also be
appreciated, and would help us better focus our efforts in the
future.

Thanks and keep up the amazing work everyone!
-Christiaan

Christiaan Adams
Google Earth Outreach
Google Crisis Response