2010/3/20 Teemu Koskinen <teemu.koski...@mbnet.fi>:
> That only helps if the images are just offset by some amount, it doesn't
> help at all if they are warped, rotated etc.
> See eg. the centre of Helsinki: http://elanor.mine.nu/daeron/wavy.jpg
> All the red lines are completely straight in reality. The whole Helsinki
> area is full of similar errors in the Yahoo aerial images.

+1, I noticed this in Rome too. I think It is almost impossible to
correct the errors of badly conversed/rectified/stiched pictures, or
in other words: if the original picture is too big you will get
noticable artefacts when assembling them. Easiest to notice are curvy
lines that are straight in reality, as you pointed out.

cheers,
Martin