John Smith <deltafoxtrot...@gmail.com> wrote:

>On 20 March 2010 21:07, Tirkon <tirko...@yahoo.de> wrote:
>> John Smith <deltafoxtrot...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>>you shouldn't have to know this.
>> I am the opposite opinion, because ...
>>
>> It is really hard, to setup in particular a long route relation. You
>
>I meant the editor shouldn't screw up relations like you previously
>mentioned, if the editors did better relation handling newbies
>wouldn't need to know that editors can screw them up.

O.K. Then I am with you. :-) This is a concern to OSM, that is close
to my heart.

The problem is, that - as far as I know - every person may offer an
editor. If this is true, with more and more editors the problem will
grow in future. Cause one popular editor, that is not aware and does
not follow these roules, could be one editor too much, because it
could damage OSM-database and in particular the laborious relations
considerably.

And because of required special registration and possibly paying money
for the editor-software, it will be more and more hard, to test and
bugfix them. And what will be, if the coder is not willing or able to
fix?