Tom Hughes <tom <at> compton.nu> writes:

>>When a GPX trace file is larger than 100 kilobytes or so, the uploader web
>>page
>>times out in the browser and the file isn't uploaded.

>I just uploaded a 9.8Mb trace with no problems at all, so if you're
>having a problem with 100Kb then I'd be inclined to blame your browser.

Which browser do you use?  (I use Firefox 3.7 on Windows, with no http proxy
server configured.)

Just now I succeeded in uploading a 47 kilobyte trace but got a timeout
uploading
a 325 kilobyte one.  The error reported by Firefox is 'The connection to the
server was reset while the page was loading.'  I also tried using Chrome, with
similar results (it gets stuck at 35% complete, then times out with
'Error 101 (net::ERR_CONNECTION_RESET): Unknown error.').

I can upload large files to other sites (for example, photographs to Flickr)
without too much trouble.

--
Ed Avis <e...@waniasset.com>