On Fri, Jul 30, 2010 at 8:34 AM, Peter Körner <osm-li...@mazdermind.de> wrote:
> Unfortunately OWL does not show the Changeset comment in the RSS items, so
> I'll always have to click onto the web link, but I always read what my
> co-mappers are writing.

Actually, it is supposed to. There is some bug that causes it to choke
often though. I poke zere on IRC about it regularly.

And a HUGE +1 to this topic in general. I find all the worldwide edits
with no useful comment to be highly annoying. I agree that sometimes
it will be a pretty general description if a lot of things were
changed but generally if you are doing large XAPI requests to fix
things, they will be pretty specific. There should be at least SOME
attempt to be descriptive. If for no other reason than to alert me to
the types of things that bots are correcting so that I can map them
correctly when I add similar features in the future.

I like to think my comments are usually pretty awesome myself :)
http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/ToeBee/edits

And yes, I do have one comment that reads "Random
additions/improvements around town." for an edit that was truly
random.

Toby