On Wed, Aug 4, 2010 at 08:53, Ben Last <ben.l...@nearmap.com> wrote:
> "should typically" != "must" :)
>
> But the key point is that we attribute OSM with the same prominence as
> we do any other supplier.  You'll note that there is no copyright
> message relating to the photomaps on the main page (for us, or any
> supplier).

I find this attribution to be completely reasonable. The Legal FAQ is
just a FAQ, but the only thing that applies in the CC-BY-SA, which
just includes clauses like "reasonable to the medium".

Map -> Information -> Copyrights and credits is no different than e.g.:

1. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenStreetMap
2. File ->
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Cambridge-Openstreetmap-08-06-13.svg
3. Look at "Permission".

Having a floating OpenLayers attribution element in the lower right
corner is one way to do it, but it's not the only way, and people that
don't pick that particular way aren't doing anything wrong as far as I
can tell.