On 7 August 2010 07:57, Eugene Alvin Villar <sea...@gmail.com> wrote:

> From how I understand it, NearMap's editor is so simple (can't do complex
> edits) and is often used for one-off edits that I think how NearMap does it
> is pretty spot on in trying to get the most number of contributions. What I
> guess NearMap should do more is to explain about OSM more clearly if a
> NearMap user wants to get much more involved with contributing map data such
> as saying that the user should go straight to OSM and create an account.

That's a good point; we already do send people to OSM to fix edits; that's
what the Edit button on the current site does, it's our standard response by
email and in our forums.  When we roll out the simpler edit, OSM
(essentially, potlatch on OpenStreetMap.org) will be the "advanced" edit
option.
Cheers

Ben Last
Development Manager (HyperWeb)