On Wed, Aug 18, 2010 at 7:31 PM, Anthony <o...@inbox.org> wrote:

> But changing it is probably a bad idea.  Do we really want a relation
> with 500 ways representing the street and 50,000 nodes representing
> the buildings?

wow, 500 ways and 50,000 addresses just for one street ! Show me the map !

> After rereading
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Relations/Relations_are_not_Categories
> I'm going to conclude that the proper place to put address information
> is in the building data, not in the street data, and that
> associatedStreet should therefore be deprecated.

And if you read more on the wiki, you will discover that the Karlsruhe
schema is allowing both. Here we speak only about the contributors who
selected the solution with a relation. Nobody force you to use it but let
others clean-up the relations proposals.

Pieren