On Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 02:41:12PM -0700, Kai Krueger wrote:
> with all the talk about imports recently, I am wondering which countries
> have actually _not_ seen any imports so far? I.e. which communities have
> chosen to build all their data from "traditional" surveying and ignored any
> other available data sources?

In Italy we've had very few imports of road data (I know of none):
what we have comes from gps survey and tracing from areal pics,
mostly done by local mappers.

On the other hand, we've had quite a few imports of other kinds of data:
borders, landuse, some buildings and other stuff that is harder to
get from gps traces and hard/boring to trace from areal pics.

--
Elena ``of Valhalla''

homepage: http://www.trueelena.org