Jim Brown writes:
 > Sure...  They were passionate prior to that of course.  Look at the
 > evolution of the kyiv map over time.  It's also really telling that so many
 > have left Cloudmade and still are part of the community,  these are
 > individual mappers your are talking about.  People who give a damn about OSM,

I was a mapper before, during, and after my Cloudmade days.

 > They just started talking and asking about getting into OSMF, which they
 > needed help doing as you probably recall I think.  It used to be much harder
 > to join.  So we decided to help, and so they joined.

You need to stir your whitewash, Jim. It's a little thin. I can't
speak for anybody in England or Kyiv, but the community ambassadors
were instructed to join the OSMF, and the cost was expensable. It was
a great idea, but it came down from corporate, not up from the ranks.

 > I'm doubly surprised that you still think that was some evil plan.  Nothing
 > particularly evil came from it as I recall.

Agreed, nothing evil came of it.

Crynwr supports open source software
521 Pleasant Valley Rd. | +1 315-600-8815
Potsdam, NY 13676-3213  |     Sheepdog