Hi,

On 07/11/12 14:03, David Earl wrote:
I am (I hope not naively!) assuming that OSM wouldn't indulge in any
intrusive cookie tracking which would require explicit consent.

I believe OSM uses "Piwik" which is something like Google Analytics but without giving the data to a third party. That's probably the reason you are seeing this "pk" cookie.

I don't know if that requires explicit consent. It's not much more than looking at log files really but I'm not up to date on legislation.

(TBH I've seen a lot of "is it ok if we set a cookie" popups on UK web sites recently but none on German sites so I'm not sure if this is really an EU thing or just UK? Or UK being first in adopting some EU law into national law maybe, improbable as it sounds?)

Bye
Frederik