SomeoneElse <li...@mail.atownsend.org.uk> wrote:
> Actually, I think that on-the-ground mapping and the use of aerial
> imagery / cadastre data are complementary.  There are many things that
> you'd miss if you used one exclusively at the expense of the other.

Yes - and local surveyors being the bottleneck resource, we better do as much
as we can remotely so that they can focus on adding the critical value that
comes from their local knowledge.

Today as I added the Italian restaurant where I was having lunch, I was happy
to find that buildings were already there - with reference to them it was very
easy to add the restaurant and the customer's parking... I would have done a
worse job without.