On 2012-12-23 23:53, Chris Hill wrote:
On 23/12/12 15:41, Stan Berka wrote:
Yesterday, I did navigation to my work place here in Warsaw using Osmand o my G2. The route I was given led through Warsaw Old Town. The problem with this is, the Old Town is closed to most vehicles, year long, except for special vehicles (shop supply, city services etc). Thus, the route was completely useless since I'm not a firetruck driver. How can this problem be resolved, so OSM routers can generate more useful?
that sounds like a highway=pedestrian to me.

You could add a access=destination to it. Then routing should be done only to addresses on those roads and the roads should not be used to go from A to B.

Maarten