I guess not, this would mean that anybody (for example any tourist in
a car) can use this road, as long as he ends the journey there (and
parks the car inside the area) - but that is not the case, as only few
individuals actually have the permit to go there.

vehicle=destination is rougly equivalent to prohibitory traffic sign
with "throught traffic forbidden" sign, forbidding entry to people who
does not interrupt the journey (load/unload cargo, visit someone, etc
...) inside marked area. Not to "All vehicles forbidden, except those
few with a permit".

Martin