On 2013-02-14 11:59, Andrew Errington wrote:

In Korea we also have named junctions at overpasses, so the junction name is where the two roads cross (or meet) but they physically don't join because one road is on a bridge over the other, and there are sliproads to move
between them.

In the third case we could tag the four nodes at the beginning of each slip road. Or put the nodes in a relation. Or draw a big area covering the
entire junction.

Junction names on exits or junctions of motorways is common practise:
<http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=51.3934&lon=6.12683&zoom=15&layers=M>
(Knooppunt Zaarderheiken is the name tag, e.g. <http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/node/42529258>)

I could post this question on the talk-ko list and ask what Korean users would
expect to see.

And talk-jp for Japan. I see little use in discussing how we would like to do it. openstreetmap.jp has a map, but it looks to be the standard slippy map. Has noone there seen this as a big enough problem to make their own rendering and start mapping the junctions?

Regards,
Maarten