On Sat, May 4, 2013 at 3:33 AM, Frederik Ramm <frede...@remote.org> wrote:

> On 03.05.2013 18:15, Svavar Kjarrval wrote:
>
>> Just wanted to notify those who didn't know: There is now a property
>> (P402) in use in Wikidata to link the corresponding entry to a relation
>> ID in OSM.
>>

> This is a very bad idea and should not be used.

I assume you think this is bad because OSM IDs are not stable with respect
to the objects they represent?

It seems this was discussed by the Wikidata users when there was a very
recent proposal to delete this OSM ID property (P402):
https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Wikidata:Properties_for_deletion#Property:P402

The consensus was that--at least for place relations which are the target
of the said property--OSM relation IDs are stable enough and any changes in
IDs can be easily rectified. Wikidata is a wiki after all.