On 12/01/2014 2:43 AM, Paul Johnson wrote:
    Caching images for a given session makes lots of sense, but leaving
    them forever really does not. How do I put a request in to the JOSM
    developers to ensure that images caches are deleted upon exit from JOSM?

As someone in a low-bandwidth situation, I'd prefer to keep the cache;
hopefully the existing behavior will still be available.

I looked up the reference Frederick gave and found JOSM already supplies what I need. The discussion reference is:

http://gis.19327.n5.nabble.com/JMapViewerTiles-folder-in-my-Temp-folder-td5722203.html

The advice was:

You can clear the cache by right
clicking in the map and using the "Flush tile cache" option in the
context menu. That will clear the cache for the currently visible
imagery layer. You can also change where the cache is stored in your
preferences under the WMS/TMS "Settings" tab.

Tom