Hi,

I have a script, which runs inside JOSM. It checks our numbered cycle node
routes for continuity, but also for some other intricacies these networks
have here in Belgium, The Netherlands and Germany. It probably does more
than what you need to check linear and circular routes.

To use it, you'd need the scripting plugin and Jython. You'd also need to
run an Overpass query each time you feel like checking the routes.

Jo