I am considering an edit involving "natural=coastline" involving the Great
Lakes that are shared between the US and Canada.  This has been discussed
on the Talk-US and Talk-Ca lists and there have been no objections to date.

Background:
Lake Superior is represented both with individual ways tagged
"natural=coastline" (although not all islands have their ways tagged
"natural=coastline"), as well as *two* multipolygon relations tagged
"natural=water" (this tag has been removed from the one relation already)
with some islands members having a role of "inner." The first (for the
purpose of the discussion) relation seems to include the entire outline of
the lake, but not all of the islands, particularly on the Canadian side.
The second includes only the outline of the lake on the Canadian side, and
the part of the border between the US and Canada that runs through the
lake.  It appears that this second relation does include all, or nearly
all, of the islands on the Canadian side. Representing the lake and its
islands in these multiple manners seems to cause rendering issues.

Proposed Course of action.
1) Download Canadian Lake Superior relation and all its members to JOSM.
2) Make sure every individual member way is tagged "natural=coastline"
(except the way(s) that form the boundary between Canada and the US.
3) Make sure every individual way has land on the left. (except the US
Canadian border that runs through the lake).
4) Remove "natural=water" from the Canadian relation
5) Upload.

Later
6) Make sure all members of the Canadian relation appear in the overall
relation (or that their purpose is filled my some other member(s) of the
overall relation.
7) Delete the Canadian relation.

Comments are welcome.

Technical advice is welcome, e.g. how to easily find island ways that go
clockwise (water on the left)

Mike (user: tekim)