Hi,

On Fri, May 26, 2017 at 05:07:29PM +0200, Rory McCann wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> It's great that there are many notes, OSM will die without interest
> and activity.

I very much agree on that. Notes is the most valuable feedback method
for non mappers.

> Rather than putting up a barrier to prevent people from adding
> notes, why don't we talk to Maps.me to improve the notes (and
> feedback cycle), and most importantly, let's start resolving notes
> ourselves! Go through the map in your local area and start trying to
> fix them. If the note is rubbish, just close it!

Yes please - We had the very same issue with Skobbler - People played
around with the map and accidentally opened Bugs/Notes by accident.

This happens - no reason to complain. We should improve the Apps
to guide people through to some extend and help them to improve
the notes context.

I find the way the "StreetComplete" app does it very intuitive and a
very good example on how to do it right.

Show people intuitive images on what they like to report - make it
a decision tree for the top 20 most often reported issues and only
after somebody reaches the end of the decision tree let them write
a text. Offer to create an OSM account to get into feedback
loop concerning their bugs.

Flo
--
Florian Lohoff                                                 f...@zz.de