On 07.07.17 17:29, Paul Hartmann wrote:
On 07.07.2017 14:05, Oleksiy Muzalyev wrote:
Hi,

I am looking for a documentation of JOSM advanced preferences.
[...]
I searched via Google and could not find a description. There are
several other preferences with similar values in square brackets. I am
trying to understand what these figures mean.

Most entries are just the backend storage for the GUI preferences, so there is no need to edit those by hand. Another group are settings that give access to "hidden" features, typically for tuning a hard-coded parameter.

There is no complete list of JOSM advanced preferences with descriptions. Some keys and their function are mentioned in a commit message or bug tracker comment. The best you can do is to find where the preference key is referenced in the JOSM source code and try to understand what it does.

Paul

Thank you for the information.

I've got a Mac Magic Trackpad 2 and a Magic Mouse 2. I am learning to use them in JOSM. While doing it I discovered already quite useful things like keyboard shortcut - "8" returning to a previous zoom, moving a layer and to zoom with keyboard shortcuts, which I assigned to selected keys.

The issue is that the zoom both with the magic trackpad and with the magic mouse is a bit too fast and kind of volatile in JOSM. I read in a wiki that it is better to use a mouse with a physical wheel, however I would like to see if there are some settings which I could adjust to make it work well. Sometimes I cannot use a mouse with a wheel, only an inbuilt trackpad on a Mac notebook, which has got about the same functionality as Magic Trackpad 2.

Since there is no complete description of advanced preferences I will try either reverse-engineer their meaning by changing values and see what happens or have a look at the source code.

Best regards,

Oleksiy