"This is primarily subjective rubbish which, IMO, has no place in OSM.

"Lovely scenery." indeed <shakes head>"

OSM has many of its roots in cycling.  A cyclist with a GPS could cover a
much greater distance than a pedestrian in the days before we had the
imagery we enjoy today.  If you look at the web sites that provide cycling
routes many actually use OSM and provide different types of routing
according to the needs of the cyclist.

Locally in Ottawa we have these things called City parks where you may
cycle over many of the paths, the NCC has what are called multiuse paths
that many consider to be cycle paths. These stretch for many kilometres and
a few run alongside the river Ottawa, you're quite right many commuters
enjoy the scenery as they cycle.  We even have a few tourists who hire a
bike or bring their own to travel them.  We have highways that cyclists may
use but with a 60 km/hr speed limit and high traffic volumes the more timid
cyclists prefer not to use them but a number of of the "spandex" cyclists
seem to relish the close contact with fast moving cars.

We have room in OSM for tagging to say this highway is lower speed limit
and low volume traffic and suitable for more timid cyclists or this one is
higher speed limit and volume of traffic but how we would tag I'm not sure.
We do of course have tourism=viewpoint but that isn't quite the same as a
safer route for cyclists.

Cheerio John