> Well, certainly Wikipedia links should only be added by people who know
> something about the feature in question, and not by a machine that
> compares name tags to Wikipedia entries and takes a wild guess.

I think this is a straw man argument - I don't think anyone is proposing to
add tags automatically based on a heuristics - like the name matching.
There are two things -  One is a tool that may suggest a match based on
some heuristic, but let human decide and pick the best option, or say that
this is incorrect. There is no "adding by a machine" here.  I think Mapbox
was building a tool like that.

The other portion is what has been happening - an automated addition of
wikidata based on existing wikipedia tag.  This was done automatically by
iD editor every time someone added Wikipedia link.  And it was also done by
me for the older objects. While this was clearly an automated process, it
was not a guess work based on name (discussed in another thread).  I
haven't been doing it for 1.5 months, iD has been doing it all this time
without any substantial problems uncovered.