Roland, thanks for the links. Local knowledge is very important, but lets
not make it into a sacred cow at the cost of common sense.  I have not been
to every single street in New York City. I am nearly 100% sure that all
editors has edited objects that were near their location, but that they
have not actually visited, or walked by without walking in, etc.  Local
knowledge is an important concept, but its physically impossible to walk
into every building and research every tag for every building.  Or are you
saying Tomas has visited every single street/building in Lithuania?

Also, local knowledge doesn't trump tagging standards - if I start tagging
national highways as power lines simply because I happened to be in the
area, it does not mean I am right -- more likely it means I am a novice
editor that should be helped by anyone - even if they are on the other side
of the planet.

My reading of Tomas answer is not that the Wikipedia tag was not fixed, or
that it can't be fixed, but that it should be left untouched because it
should be fixed in a perfect way only by a local, with all other tags too,
and it is better to have completely wrong tags than to have good tags but
other tags in less than perfect state. This is not local knowledge, this is
an editing preference, and a strange one at that.  Local knowledge needs to
coexist with OSM as a global movement, so I do hope this is not a turf war,
but rather a misunderstand that can be easily solved by reason.