On 11/01/19 21:45, Markus wrote:
On Fri, 11 Jan 2019 at 07:40, Maarten Deen <md...@xs4all.nl> wrote:
On 2019-01-11 07:16, Petra Rajka - (p) wrote:

See below two cases where we would simplify the geometry:

       * -32.0914374, 116.0129206
Is seen no big problem in how the roads are layed out there. Coming from
the motorway there is a clear divider where the offramp connects to the
Albany Highway.
<https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/596272469> and
<https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/596272466> form a double-rectangle,
but there isn't such a divider. I'd map that place like that:

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/File:ID_Screen_Shot_from_-32.0914374,_116.0129206.png

I have more problems with the tags of the on- and offramp. They are
mapped as motorway when they should be mapped as motorway_link. The two
bridges in the on- and offramp are mapped as motorway_link.
+1. I'd also delete the descriptions like Tonkin Highway Southbound
Ramp off to Albany Highway in the name tag unless the ramps are signed
like that on site.

       * -35.3409195, 149.1616891
Ways 77001149 and 77000891 should IMHO not be mapped like that but
mapped with turn:lanes.
+1

-1

I disagree. But then I could be wrong.

In the above (Canberra) example:

Where a solid line exists between the two groups of lanes there is a
'legal barrier' that you cannot legally cross between the two groups of
lanes (2 go right and 2 continues

 straight on).

Using the tag lanes does not convey this 'legal barrier'.

Also using the tag lanes how can the turn restrictions that exist be
tagged, the right 2 must turn right and the left 2 must go straight on ?

Note: this is also raised on the Australian list too.. so I have said the same
thing there too.