This is just another badly written article by a third party. As someone else on
thread said, hardly the first time a media piece gets OSM wrong.
Take a look at facebook’s own words here
https://tech.fb.com/ai-is-supercharging-the-creation-of-maps-around-the-world/
I’m sure there’s plenty of phrases in FB’s own post to get worked about, if
you’re looking for things to flame Facebook and the entire corporate world
about.
Myself, I like what they’re doing.
Mikel

On Friday, July 26, 2019, 10:47 AM, Frederik Ramm <frede...@remote.org> wrote:

Hi,

On 25.07.19 22:03, Frederik Ramm wrote:
> This press release is on the same level as "Cloudmade's
> OpenStreetMap Project" so many years ago.

In case anyone doubts that -

https://www.digitalinformationworld.com/2019/07/facebook-ai-is-supercharging-the-creation-of-maps-around-the-world.html

"Recently, Facebook released a statement about its new effort to create
an OpenStreetMap project to not only benefit from mapping data but also
making this platform an open-source navigational source for users."

And the rest of the article is about how Facebook's only purpose is to
bring comfort to people's lives etc.

This is probably normal for corporate PR people, but for me it's just
disgusting.

Bye
Frederik

--