Frederik, you’re crying out against phantoms, and getting stuck on one
interpretation of the word “authoritative”, and using that misinterpretation as
an excuse to beat on one of your favorite punching bags, and try to exact
radical unrational restrictions on a piece of software.
What Facebook is saying here is that RapiD can make the technical part of the
import process easier. It’s a well done conflation process that has every
single new feature individually examined by a mapper.
There is nothing here about circumventing our well defined import guidelines,
or disrespecting our basic tenets. It’s just your imagination.
There are totally rational ways to engage with an idea like using rapid for
conflation. Let’s do that, and figure out how we can make OSM better with
productive conversation.
Mikel