I second Jóhannes -- every dataset, including OSM itself (hehe) has errors.
Consuming each additional dataset is a complex task -- each dataset has its
own structure and conventions, thus the fewer datasets one has to work
with, the better.  The fundamental problem with 99.9% of the datasets
excluding OSM is a very slow and complex feedback loop - it takes a lot of
efforts to fix an error in the upstream data source.

Should we blindly import everything into OSM? No.
Should we import relevant authoritative sources, tagging them as such, and
using them especially for cases like disputed borders? Certainly,
especially because in OSM we can fix the issues we notice with them.